“Iqra” Qur’an recitation course for sisters
“… and recite the Quran (aloud) in a slow, (pleasant tone and) style ….”
– Translation of the meanings of Sūrat al-muzamil, verse 73
Qur’an Recitation Course for Sisters
Ibn Mas`ud said: “Do not scatter the (recitation of) Qur’an out like the scattering of sand, and do not rush through it like the hasty recitation of poetry. Stop at its amazing parts and make your heart move with it. None of you should let his concern be to reach the end of the chapter.” recorded by Al-Baghawi
– Quoted by Ibn Katheer in Tafseer of surah Muzamil.
About the Course
If you have always wished you could read the Qur’an with proper pronounciation, there is no better time to do it than in Ramadan and no better way than with a qualified teacher to help you through it. This is your chance to correct your recitation, with a course that helps non-Arabic speakers get the right pronunciation in their recital of the Qur’an, in order to maximise the blessings derived from its recitation and more importantly in a manner that does not change its meaning.
The only prerequisite for this course is the ability to read the Quran in Arabic.
About the Instructor
Mona Khalid Ibrahim Hassan is certified in the 10 modes of recitation of the Qur’an from the University of Al-Azhar. In addition, she has studied numerous classical works in Quranic recitation. She has several years experience teaching Quranic recitation and Islamic Studies, and in curriculum development.
Language: English / Arabic.
Duration: From 1st to the 26th of Ramadan.
Days of the week: Sunday to Thursday.
Timings: 10:00 am – 02:00 pm.
Class Size: Maximum 25 students.
Registration Fee:AED 300
Age Limit: 18 years and above.
Venue: Kalemah Center.
● Language medium of the course is English
● Certificates will be presented to the students at the successful completion of the course
● Interested students must register & priority will be given on first come basis.
● The registration page will be closed as soon as we reach the class limit of 25 students
● Please note that we do not have transportation facilities for this course